Case Manager RN UR/Bed Planner NIGHTS QUICK START!!!
Chicago, IL | Travel (13 weeks)
- Determines the most appropriate level of care and admission status and applies approved criteria and guidelines in decision making, as well as managed care rules and practices in order to ensure a smooth admission experience for patients by coordinating clinical needs with operational processes and insurance benefits.
- Collaborates with the attending physician on appropriate hospital status orders.
- The clinical admission nurse does not provide direct patient care. Chart review is used to assess for appropriate level of care and admission status.
- Assigns patients to the appropriate units based on clinical assessment while balancing the resources of the organization.
- Coordinates with unit charge nurse for bed placement.
- Collaborates with nursing operations leader for throughput issues.
- Serves as an access point resource for physicians, staff, and patients.
- Responds to and assigns all bed request and transfer orders in the electronic medical record.
- Documents unusual occurrences and patient relations issues; makes appropriate referrals to risk management, infection control and quality departments.
- Evaluates and analyzes quality/utilization cases, admission/discharge criteria, observation/1-day stays, readmits in 30 days, Medicare and diagnosis related criteria.
- Consults with physicians in assigning admission level of care status.
- Stays up-to-date on Medicare rules and regulations for hospital admission status.
- Performs medical record review to assess for appropriateness of admissions and works with the Emergency Room and attending physicians to divert unnecessary admissions.
- Monitors and documents avoidable days and recommends change in services or processes.
- Responds to requests by the denials management RN for appeal assistance.
- Utilizes appropriate downtown procedures for bed placement when applicable.
- Assists with data collection and reporting for throughput and bed placement.
- Performs chart audits as requested by manager/director
- Registered Nursing license issued by the State of Illinois.
- Bachelors of Science Nursing
- At least two to five years patient care experience in a hospital setting
- Able to multi task quickly, and process multi factorial stimulation accurately
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Past experience in admissions, utilization review activities, discharge planning, and/or case management
- Utilization Review experience
- Masters of Science Nursing
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- Certification in Case Management (ACM)
Caring health care professionals, rewarding roles. Staffing only the elite.
Elite Medical Staffing has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval which is only awarded to health care staffing companies who comply with TJC standards and guidelines and have undergone The Commission's stringent qualification process.
We make it simpler to connect highly credentialed health professionals with facilities focused on patient care.
Personal touch, attention to detail and cutting-edge technology – if premium health care is your goal, visit our website to get started. www.elitemedicalstaffing.net