Group Home Worker - HHA
The Group Home Worker / Home Health Aide provides patients with assistance and support necessary for the consumer to complete personal care, health maintenance, and independent living tasks; participate in community activities and develop, retain, and improve community living skills. The Group Home Worker reports to the Group Home Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides continuous on-going active treatment by supporting all areas of Program training, operations, and the overall needs of the Consumer of the Group Home.
2. Provide transportation for residents, via company vehicles and maintain status to legally operate company vehicles. (You must have a valid/current Texas Driver’s License enabling you to drive at all times.)
3. Ensure the rights of the consumer, treating them with dignity and respect.
4. Complete all documentation required for consumers and Company operations.
5. Know and comply with all Company policies/guidelines per the policy and Employee Handbook/Guide books.
6. Conduct all matters in a professional and mature manner while representing the Company.
7. To stay alert and awake while on duty, ensuring a safe and clean living environment at all times.
8. Model and reinforce all needs of consumers and group home operations by “leading by example”.
9. Attend all in-services/training as scheduled to meet the needs of the Group Home, Consumer and the Company.
10. Communicate timely all consumer, home and vehicle needs to the Home Manager.
11. Assist/monitor all self-medication passes and the performance of tasks delegated by the Nurse. Immediately notify the nursing staff when an error is found or occurs.
12. Encourage and support consumer to be active in Community events, outings and opportunities. Facilitate social interaction and socially valued behavior. Give consumers choice of their activities.
13. Ensure menus and diets are followed.
About Elite MedicalStaffing:
Elite MedicalStaffing has been connecting talented clinicians with great facilities for over 15years. We strive to exceed your expectations by providing unparalleled service quality! Our goal is to find a nursing job that offers the pay, flexibility, and the lifestyle that you desire. Whether you are interested in contract opportunities or just picking up an extra shift, our specialists are available around the clock to ensure that you get the assistance and support you deserve.
We understand the importance of partnering with an expert who values your needs, which is why we’re 100% committed to finding you an assignment that best matches your career and lifestyle goals. Ourlocally run offices allow us to provide personalized support in each community while still benefiting from the national resources and assistance of our larger Elite Medical Staffing family.
Elite Medical Staffing is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)
Mindy Adams | Staffing Coordinator
Elite Medical Staffing
Matching exceptional nursing and allied professionals with leading healthcare providers nationwide. Dedicated to our staff. Committed to our clients. We're Better Together. To get started. www.elitemedicalstaffing.net