OR-Scrub/Circulate, Ortho DAYS!
Allegan, MI | Travel (13 weeks)
Dayshift- 6:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. –Monday- Friday- 10 hour shifts- On call: approx every 4th weekend & approx 1 evening/night every week during Mon-Fri.
- Prescribes, delegates, and coordinates care of patients in the perioperative setting, using the nursing process. Accountable to lead, supervise, develop, and implement patient plan of care. Supports the hospital mission statement and strategic plan.
- Demonstrates competency to provide pre, intra & post-operative patient care, which may take place in some or all of the following areas: Preadmission Testing, Ambulatory Care Unit, Endoscopy Laboratory, Operating Room, Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, Surgical Assistant, and Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
- Serves as a professional and technical subject matter expert for at least one specialty area or departmental function.
- Designs, implements and evaluates systems to improve the quality of perioperative nursing patient care.
- Effectively communicates and documents perioperative nursing care to create a continuum of care for each individual patient.
- Participates in departmental quality assessment and improvement activities, meets hospital continuing education and certification requirements, participates in student teaching activities, upholds Nursing Services philosophy and objectives, contributes to organizational effectiveness, participates in professional nursing organizations, demonstrates knowledge of Standards and Recommended Practices for Perioperative Nursing, keeps abreast of professional literature, and demonstrates professional growth and development to assure competency on an ongoing basis.
- 1+ years of OR experience - Required
- Must be able to circulate and scrub - Required
- Experience with Ortho and General - Required
- Post-Op experience - Preferred
- BLS (AHA)
State License Requirements
Caring health care professionals, rewarding roles. Staffing only the elite. Elite Medical Staffing has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval which is only awarded to health care staffing companies who comply with TJC standards and guidelines and have undergone The Commission's stringent qualification process. We make it simpler to connect highly credentialed health professionals with facilities focused on patient care. Personal touch, attention to detail and cutting-edge technology – if premium health care is your goal, visit our website to get started. www.elitemedicalstaffing.net